SUMMARY: The Client Services Representative is primarily responsible for working at the service counter and assisting the clients of the Pennsylvania SPCA with their needs, providing optimal customer service. We are seeking ambitious, compassionate team members with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment while supporting our mission, vision and core values in their daily work. The Pennsylvania SPCA is a growing organization with opportunity for advancement for qualified candidates.
· Promoting a friendly and professional environment where emphasis is placed on compassion, quality, integrity, and service.
· Must be courteous and communicative, the voice of the Pennsylvania SPCA, and is responsible for providing accurate information and a caring attitude.
· Cashier duties, client communication, obtaining accurate customer information, recording data, data entry, check in, checkouts, scheduling appointments, phone calls, confirmation calls.
· Multi-task between live customers and phone customers in a professional welcoming manner upon all visits and phone inquiries.
· Ensure a continuous flow of clients within the wellness clinic by checking in patients, continuously updating the clients and checking out patients.
· Interpret animal medical records for vaccines and medical conditions.
· Possess the ability to identify the need for critical triage requests.
· Alternate between the client service desk and call center positions.
· Using veterinary-specific software for maintaining patient records.
· In addition to other duties, perform general clerical tasks including, but not limited to, data entry, typing, faxing, filing (alphabetically and chronologically), emailing, Microsoft Excel and Word, etc.
· Perform animal intakes through PetPoint, following all protocols as required.
· Comfort and ability to work with animals of unknown disposition and those who may exhibit medical and other problems, as well as aggressive tendencies.
· Minimum High School diploma or GED required; some college, trade, vocational school, college or further education preferred.
· Must be proficient using computer. Knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel required, knowledge of Pet Point Animal Management System, Cornerstone, and web based software a plus.
· Bi-lingual is a plus.
EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES AND QUALITIES REQUIRED:
· Experience in animal care and a connection to the mission of the PSPCA
· Excellent customer service skills; ability to remain professional under stressful situations
· Ability to work quickly and efficiently; proven ability to quickly assess situations and determine urgency of treatment required (triage)
· Ability to handle delicate client financial situations tactfully and with compassion while enforcing policies
· Superior verbal communication skills
· Attention to detail and excellent follow through on required steps in a process
· Ability to maintain a pleasant, professional and empathetic demeanor at all times
· Knowledge of the following is required:
o Client/Patient care: review discharge instructions with owner, demonstrate routes of medication to owner, answer basic client questions and obtain history from client for healthy animals.
o Medical Records: scan in and attach medical records, update records for weights, data, pictures and properly log history and client communication.
o Medical Terminology: vaccine protocols, parasite preventives, retrovirus risks and testing protocol and heartworm testing protocol
· A quick learner and desire to expand animal care knowledge
· Ability to problem solve and work cooperatively in a team environment; affection for animals and concern for their welfare.
· Ability to accommodate varied work assignments and schedules; reliable and dependable, yet flexible.
· Ability to communicate skillfully and effectively with a diverse staff, volunteers and community in a professional, pleasant, respectful, courteous and tactful manner at all times.
· Maturity, good judgment and professional personal appearance including the wearing of neat and clean uniforms.
· Physical strength and ability to lift and carry a pet or other object weighing up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance; must be able to assist in lifting patients or other objects weighing more than fifty (50) pounds.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Practice Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
INTRODUCTORY ASSESSMENT PERIOD The introductory assessment period runs from the date of hire for three months thereafter. For employment in any position with the Pennsylvania SPCA, this introductory assessment period is the period during which the specifics of the job are learned. During this period, either the employee or the Pennsylvania SPCA may end the employment relationship without notice or prejudice.
EMPLOYMENT There is no minimum period of employment guaranteed or implied by acceptance of an employment offer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One locationHealth insurance