HUB AVIATION SECURITY COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST(Several Positions – Newark, NJ; Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA)
Since 1966, Prospect Airport Services, Inc., and its affiliates (Prospect International Airport Service Corp.,Prospect of Orlando, Ltd., Co. and Prospect of Tampa, Ltd., Co.) (together “Prospect”) have provided support to the aviation industry on behalf of commercial airlines. Prospect currently operates in 30 cities and 31 airports across the United States on a 24/7, 365 day per year basis. The Hub Aviation Security Compliance Specialist position reports directly to the Hub Security Manager and is responsible for on-aircraft monitoring and auditing of aircraft security search performance at the assigned Hub location. Prospect is hiring Hub Aviation SecurityCompliance Specialists at its Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), Philadelphia International Airport(PHL), and Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) locations.
Location :The Hub Aviation Security Compliance Specialist is based at Prospect’s operations at either Newark LibertyInternational Airport (EWR), Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) or Philadelphia International Airport(PHL). Due to the 24/7, 365 day per year environment, the position does not follow a traditional weekday, 9 AM to 5 PM schedule since the position requires random in person on-aircraft monitoring, auditing, and oversight at various times during the assigned Hub’s aircraft security operations (which are often late night or early morning). Infrequent overnight travel to other Prospect security operations across the country for in person observation and oversight during security operations may be required.
● In accordance with established standards, serves in a roving capacity performing random, unannounced on-aircraft monitoring of aircraft security search performance by cabin service employees at the Hub and documents findings of the same utilizing electronic auditing and/or other tools;
● As part of the Hub Security Team, implements the aircraft security search self-audit program at the Hub in accordance with program requirements;
● Creates and maintains accurate and complete records of aircraft security monitoring observations and self-audit program results outlined above for review by Hub Security Manager, local operational leadership and corporate senior leadership;
● Develops positive relationships with frontline cabin service employees as well as local trainers and operations leadership to drive continuous compliance improvement;
● In conjunction with established training standards, provides on the spot coaching and counseling for cabin service employees on proper aircraft security search techniques and requirements and provides feedback on same to Hub Security Manager, local operational leadership and training leadership for further action as necessary;
● Assists Hub Security Manager in investigating performance failures or;● Assists Hub Security Manager in building positive relationships with airline clients and regulators to ensure security programs and applicable regulations and requirements are being consistently met;● Works with internal and external partners to ensure tools (e.g., auditing systems, employee tracking systems) are in place to ensure efficient and compliant implementation of required measures and accurate recordkeeping;
● Under the direction of the Hub Security Manager, investigates security incidents and allegations of noncompliance;
● May be called upon to perform on-aircraft monitoring and self-auditing functions or assist with a security investigation at a smaller aircraft security operation location as needed;
● May be called upon to perform an aircraft security search on very rare occasions;● Other security-related duties may be assigned by the Hub Security Manager.
● At least 2 years’ work experience in aviation security;● Knowledge of Transportation Security Administration Security Programs including the Aircraft Operator
Standard Security Program (AOSSP) and Private Charter Standard Security Program (PCSSP);● Experience with implementation of security policies and procedures;● Experience with interdepartmental project management;● Experience with auditing and recordkeeping;● Experience with internal investigations.
Skills, Licenses and Certifications
● Training or certification in unarmed aviation (or transportation) safety and security;● Ability to build relationships with the company’s senior leadership team, internal departments, airline and airport clients, and regulators to review assigned security programs and drive continuous compliance improvement;
● Ability to consistently meet established deadlines and manage time-sensitive priorities in the context of multiple conflicting projects/priorities;
● Ability to handle urgent requests on short notice in response to operational needs;● Must be highly responsive;● Must be a self-starter that requires minimal supervision to stay on task, work efficiently, and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner;● Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization;● Proficient knowledge of and ability to independently work in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and
PowerPoint);● Ability to pass federally required background screening;● Ability to obtain credentials to drive a company vehicle on the applicable airport’s Air Operations Area
(AOA);● Depending upon base location, this position may require up to 10% travel, including overnight.
Competitive payHealth, dental, prescription and vision benefitsDeferred compensation
Prospect is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. No person shall be denied consideration for employment because of his, her or their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity and sexual orientation), genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other protected characteristic established by local, state, or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
Newark, NJ 07105: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One locationHealth insurance