Assistant Program Director/On-Air Talent
Mandatory Vaccination Requirement
Urban One, Inc. and its divisions (collectively “Urban One” or the “Company”) have implemented a mandatory vaccination policy pursuant to which all employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment to safeguard their health and well-being, as well as that of their coworkers, families, and the community at large, from the risks associated with COVID-19. Candidates should be aware that new employees will be required to be vaccinated by their start date, meaning they have received all of the recommended doses for either one dose or two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, and provide proof of vaccination status (e.g. CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card), which will be kept confidential. Urban One is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief or a medical disability where it does not pose an undue hardship on the Company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Radio One is looking for a Assistant Program Director/On-Air Talent to join our Philadelphia team!
· Listen to, develop and maintain informed opinion on music supplied to the radio station on an ongoing basis.
· Make decisions as to appropriateness of music for airplay on an on-going basis.
· Maintain music library on a weekly basis.
· Liaison with external music sources and suppliers as required on a daily basis.
· Develop and maintain all clocks, rotations, category compositions, rules etc. as they relate to music scheduling.
· Schedule and troubleshoot daily music logs.
· Maintain/update database and music software as required.
· Schedule on-air talent on a weekly and as-required basis.
· Coordinate with other staff members to ensure programming airs as required.
· Train appropriate staff in operation of on-air technology as required.
· Communicate daily with Program Director to report and trouble-shoot on all operational discrepancies and issues of non-performance.
· Fill in for Program Director as required.
· To work with the station’s Web Editor to ensure content and promotions are relevant to the target audience
· To assist Program Director in dealing with listener complaints and suggestions on an ongoing basis.
· To respond to any and all music queries from listeners when needed.
· To appropriately represent the company when attending relevant industry and community related events on an ongoing basis.
Listener Liaison / Interactive Personality
· Make daily appearances as scheduled by programming and promotions
· Execute required station remotes, call ins or live broadcasts from various areas identified as “hot zips” or heavy listener concentrated neighborhoods
· Assist in preparation for live broadcast content including interviews with political figures, artists, listeners and clients
Excellent organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and effectively manage time
Dedicated and driven work ethic
Comfortable making presentations to all size groups (5-50)
Some travel required
Self-starter, with the ability to take and follow direction
Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the station’s clients and listeners
Can work well independently and as an integral part of the team
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and lift/move up to 50 lbs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); management experience highly preferred