Assists Info Tech Generalist in managing complex functioning and interaction of case management and fiscal information systems within Bucks County Children and Youth Social Services Agency. These systems provide information required by state agencies, county administration, end-users within department and provider agencies. To meet such requirements, will assist in revising and updating programming changes that are continuously necessary in maintaining such information systems.
Manage and maintain computer inventory database and assist Info Tech Generalist with moving, installing and removing computer hardware for end users within Agency as well as troubleshoot minor application and hardware problems in conjunction with Information Systems staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs Analysis of Data- Assists in monthly reporting duties of Info Tech Generalist. Reports originate from several different Agency-designed systems that are linked together through ACYS. Thorough understanding of business process of Agency is required in order to address special requests of managers and line staff for specific and future reports that could be generated from these databases.
· Implements Systems- Will help implement changes in existing systems and assist in development process of future systems. Will work with Info Tech Generalist when a transition is required due to upgrading of software, implementation of new version of existing system or when new system needs to be brought on-line. Position requires ability to understand system design issues and to have technical expertise to help build and thoroughly test database applications in C&Y field with minor assistance from Info Tech Generalist.
· Assists in Data Acquisition and Expunction – Enters and processes new information into ACYS for after-hours referrals. Assists in state-mandated expunction of information in ACYS and any other electronic file storage system.
· Serves as County MIS Liaison with DPW when Info Tech Generalist is not available.
· Creates, updates and organizes Agency templates working in conjunction with clerical supervisor and senior management staff.
· On a daily basis provides technical assistance in computer systems to staff.
· Provides training to new staff on ACYS (or whatever application is in use as Agency data collection system) as well as orientation to new staff on interaction and usage of all other computer and file storage applications as relates to case management process.
· Helps coordinate and assess staff technical training needs within the County IS system.
· Performs other duties as assigned byInfo Tech Generalist.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· One year of experience as a staff assistant to an administrative officer providing administrative support responsibilities, or as a technician in a staff service of a large organization; and such training as may have been gained through graduation from a four year college or university; or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
· Requires an understanding of various personnel and/or fiscal and word-processing applications as well as information systems, including their capabilities and limitations.
· Ability to carry out staff assignments requiring organization of material and development of procedures without direct supervision.
· Ability to develop sound operational procedures on basis of studies and analyses.
· Ability to speak and write effectively.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrative officials, civil groups and general public.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.92 per hour
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
8 hour shift
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Doylestown, PA 18901Health insurance